Every rug is unique and therefore it is important to follow the steps for your type of rug. Please follow the steps below for your specific type of rug.
Jellybean Polyester, Simple Spaces Accent Microfiber, and Homefires Polyester Printed Floor Cloths:
- Machine or hand wash your rug with like colors in cold water on a gentle cycle. Do not use bleach, and do not iron!
- Line dry or dry flat. Do not use a dryer as this will degrade the backing.
- Do Not pull loose yarn as you may unravel the yarn. Instead, carefully trim any pulling that may occur on the surface of your rug. You may use a "fabric" shaver to shave any fibers that are pulling away from the rug.
- We recommend that you use a liner underneath your rug to prevent your rug from traveling and to prevent any possible chemical reaction to your floor.
Jellybean Home & Garden Polypropylene and Homefires Polypropylene:
- Sweep or vacuum regularly using the floor setting on your machine.
- Spot clean with a low sudsing detergent or rug cleaner and rinse as thoroughly. Do not use bleach.
For a more thorough cleaning, scrub gently using a soft bristled brush or cloth and rinse thoroughly with a hose. Air dry. To prevent mold or mildew, do not leave your rug in a wet condition for a prolonged period.
Homefires Polyester Accent Rugs:
1. Sweep or vacuum regularly using the floor setting on your machine.
2. Spot clean with a low sudsing detergent or rug cleaner and rinse as thoroughly. Do not use bleach.
3. Dry flat and reshape if necessary. Trim any "sprouts" carefully with scissors. A "fabric" shaver can be used to remove any loose